Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mohler on Reading

Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. is on of the most influential men in my life.  He is the President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in which I have been on campus for over 7 years now.  He is an avid reader and I could tell you stories (but his in the following video is better).  In the following video, Mohler talks about his love for reading (sounds boring I know), but his point is significant.

What I found most important in the following video is what Mohler says about preparation.  Mohler reads and studies like crazy and I have found that some of the best pastors are one's that take the time to study and prepare for sermons, Bible studies, prayer meetings, etc.  How anyone to can stand up and declare "thus says the LORD," without first diligently studying and preparing is a huge concern to me.  We humans have nothing great to say unless we first declare the full counsel of God.  Pray for me as I seek to declare "thus says the LORD" but first I must find in order to know what God has indeed said.





HT: Albert Mohler

No comments: