Monday, January 4, 2010

The Gospel of John Reading Plan

Remember your homework? I am wanting everyone to read through the gospel of John through this month. Since it is already the 4th, I have extended it through February 6. What follows is a generic reading plan for us follow. On average, you will be reading about 4 chapters a week. That is a little over a 1/2 a chapter a day which is very, very doable.

If at anytime you do not understand what you read do one of two things:

1. Stick with it and do some studying on your own.
2. Hang in there and keep reading. Ask me any questions you may have by either calling me, emailing/facebooking me, or waiting to talk about it on Sunday.

January 3-9: Read John 1-4
January 10-16: Read John 5-9
January 17-23: Read John 10-13
January 24-30: Read John 14-18
January 31-February 6: Read John 19-22

To make things even easier, if you click on the links above it will take you to the actual text in the English Standard Version (ESV). This means that you don't even have to leave your screen to read the text.

I strongly encourage everyone to read the Gospel of John. It is, in my opinion, the best place to start.

No comments: