Last Sunday I mentioned a number of things we would not have without the precious blood of Jesus Christ. Here is that list.
1. No Church - “. . . shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.” (Acts 20:28)
2. No Justification - “. . . we have now been justified by his blood . . .” (Romans 5:9)
3. No Forgiveness - "In we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses . . .” (Ephesians 1:7)
4. No Reconciliation - "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.” (Ephesians 2:17)
5. No Peace - “and through him to reconcile to himself all things . . . making peace by the blood of his cross.” (Colossians 1:20)
6. No Freedom - “To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.” (Revelation 1:5)
7. No Sanctification - "So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood.” (Hebrews 13:12)
8. No Worship - “And they sang a new song, saying, ‘Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5:9)
9. No Heaven - “He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.” (Revelation 19:13)
In short, there is no gospel without blood. There is no Christianity.