Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010 - The Immutability of God

Though I was not at Goshen this past Sunday, I did speak at other churches.  Sunday night I had the opportunity to speak at the church where I served as youth pastor for 5 years.  There we discussed the Immutability of God; that is that God does not change.  Though too often we consider doctrine and deep theology to be boring and irrelevant, we must realize that the opposite is true.  All doctrine is practical and everything we do reflects our theology.  The doctrine of God's Immutability is extremely practical and I encourage you guys to download and study the notes.  I was not able to record the message and so only have the notes available.  Maybe someday I will be able to deliver it again and record it then.

Here's the description:

All doctrine is practical.  That means that if we want to see real change in our lives or if we really want to live as Christ commands, then what we need is to rightly understand doctrine.  Right doctrine leads to right living.  The immutability of God (His unchangeableness) is a wonderful doctrine full of practical implications.  Without it we have no hope, no assurance, and no where to stand.

Notes


For more:
November 29, 2009 - The Transcedence of the Gospel

No comments: