Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekly Recommendation - "Heaven"

This Sunday we will conclude our series on Psalm 23 looking at the third Fruit of the Spirit: Peace. The final verse of Psalm 23 looks at the peace of what we have to look forward to: "I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." And so I thought I would recommend a book on heaven and I can think of no better resource than Randy Alcorn's, "Heaven."

Alcorn offers perhaps the most thorough and biblical book on the issue of heaven. Although I may not agree with all of his conclusions, this is certainly an important book loaded with a lot of information that offers the hope and peace that such a topic is meant to give. I strongly encourage everyone to read it and learn from it. It is good to study what we will inherit longing that we will be with Jesus very soon. In the mean time, let us be faithful to growing the Kingdom of God for His glory.
For More:

No comments: